Bi-directional Communication Has a Problem
Last Updated : 15-Feb-2008
Issue Number : 8200043000
Bi-directional communication has a problem.
Cause and Solution
Perform the following procedure.
1. Enable bi-directional communication.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Restart the printer (Turn OFF the printer once, wait for 10 seconds or longer, and then turn it ON.).
Specify the setting for bi-directional communication using the following procedure.
1. Display the [Printers] Folder or the [Printers and Faxes] Folder.
From the [Start] menu, select [Settings] > [Printers].
From the [Start] menu, select [Printers and Faxes].
From the [Start] menu, select [Control Panel], and then click [Printers and Other Hardware] > [Printers and Faxes].
From the [Start] menu, select [Control Panel], and then click [Printer].
2. Right-click the icon for this printer, then select [Properties] from the pop-up menu.
3. Display the [Ports] sheet, then select the [Enable bidirectional support] check box.
"Was this helpful?"