Last Updated : 01-Dec-2016
Issue Number : 0400286202
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
For EOS C300 EF only
1. With the CN7x17 KAS S/E1 *1, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS, or CN20x50 IAS H/E1 *1 attached, the following functions are available:
- Metadata, such as the model name and focal distance of the lens attached, can be acquired and displayed on the camera. *2
- Peripheral illumination correction is supported. *2
- Aperture can be adjusted manually by operating the camera's Control Dial. *2
- Settings can be made so that the zoom can be operated using the joystick on the grip unit of the camera.
- The zoom/focus*2/iris*2 can be operated using the separately-sold RC-V100 Remote Controller.
- The focus and iris can be operated via Wi-Fi Remote.*2
- The automatic aperture and Push Auto Iris functions can be used.
2. Support for peripheral illumination correction when the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM is attached has been added.
For EOS C300 EF/PL
3. Support for the WFT-E8 has been added.
*1 The firmware of the lenses also need to be updated.
*2 For CN7x17 KAS S/E1, support has already been provided in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00 or later.
Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 is only for EOS C300 cameras without the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade. If your camera's firmware is already version 18.104.22.168.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
If the EOS C300 camera has had the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade applied, please download Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera's user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
Once you load the setting data to the camera with the new firmware, you cannot write the data back to the camera with a previous version firmware.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VIA1.FIM, File Size: 35,066,788 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C300 or EOS C300 PL camera body
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.7-10.11)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD/SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Changes in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00:
1. Corrects the tone parameters when [Light Metering] is set to [Backlight] in [Camera Setup] and when specific custom picture settings* are selected.
* If any of the settings below is selected for custom picture settings:
- [Preset Custom Picture Files] is set to [C7:EOS Std.], [C8:Wide DR] or [C9:CINEMA].
- [Color Matrix] is set to [Normal 4], [Cine 1], [Cine 2], [EOS Std.], [Wide DR] or [Canon Log].
Changes in Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00:
*Common to EOS C300/EOS C300 PL
1. Enables the user to change fan operating mode between On and Automatic. When set to Automatic, the fan turns off during shooting at normal temperature. When the camera temperature rises, the fan starts automatically and lowers the temperature.
*EOS C300 only
2. Enables control of CINE-SERVO lenses using the RC-V100 remote controller.
3. Enables peripheral illumination correction for the following lenses:
EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
EF-S 10-18mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
EF 400mm f/4L DO IS USM
EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
CN7x17 KAS S/E1
4. When one of the following EF lenses is attached and power is turned off, the lens automatically retracts to its minimum length.
EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM
EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Changes in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00:
1. Shortens the duration until it is possible to start recording when a high-capacity CF card exceeding 128GB is used.
2. Enhances the operability when setting the white balance through an improved user interface.
Changes in Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00:
1. Compatibility with the Canon RC-V100 Remote Controller has been added.
2. Peripheral illumination correction data has been added for the [CN-E35mm T1.5 L F] EF Cinema lens and the [EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM] EF lens.
3. A phenomenon has been fixed in which the EF Cinema lens' F number was incorrectly displayed with Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00.
Changes in Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00:
1. Fixes a phenomenon where the previous Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 offered incorrect color balance.
Changes in Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00:
*EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera & EOS C300 PL Cinema EOS Camera
1. Ability to move the magnification viewing area around the LCD using the MAGN Function.
2. Support for a 1440x1080 / 35 Mbps recording mode.
3. ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
4. Added functionality to support the optional Canon GPS Receiver GP-E1.
5. A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
6. Using the optional Canon WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter, the camera's remote-control application allows two users to access the same unit via a Wi-Fi link providing simultaneous camera operation and control and metadata input simultaneously.
7. [Lens Exchange] and [ND+]/[ND-] have been added as functions that can be allocated to any assignable button.
8. A new Wide DR Gamma setting provides an expanded dynamic range of 800%.
9. Flicker Reduction has been improved.
*EOS C300 Cinema EOS Camera only
10. Provides Push Auto Iris and One-Shot AF operation.
11. A new AE Shift function and the selection of various light-metering modes are now available when used with some Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and Canon EF Lenses.
12. Ability to assign the two control dials to operate either Iris or ISO sensitivity independently.
13. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and fifteen (15) Canon EF Lenses.
14. A function has been added to enable continuous focus and iris setting on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STM lenses is attached.
Changes in Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00:
1. Remote control of the WFT-E6 and Wi-Fi peripherals on an ad-hoc connection using iOS6/Safari has been made possible.
2. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.
Changes in Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00:
1. Some of the EF lens products that can be mounted on the camera can be controlled more reliably.
Changes in Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00:
1. Corrections to the Spanish and German language texts in the View Assistance function [View Assist.].
2. Efforts to correct image color fringing when a subject is of high contrast have been made.
Changes in Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00:
1. Minor corrections to simplified Chinese language menus.
Changes in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00:
1. Genlock synchronization can now be used to synchronize the camcorder's 24.00P, 24.00PsF, 23.98P, and 23.98PsF input signals. By updating the firmware, the camcorder will also support the following signals, in addition to those it already supports.
1080/59.94i, 1080/29.97PsF, 1080/60.00i, 1080/23.98PsF, 1080/23.98P, 1080/24.00PsF, 1080/24.00P, 720/59.94P, 720/60.00P, 720/23.98P, 720/24.00P, 480/59.94i, 1080/50.00i, 1080/25.00PsF, 720/50.00P, and 480/50.00i
2. Adds the Korean language to the camcorder's menu.
Canon Marketing(Philippines) Inc. makes no guarantees of any kind with regard to any programs, files, drivers or any other materials contained on or downloaded from this, or any other, Canon software site. All such programs, files, drivers and other materials are supplied "as is". Canon disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Canon Marketing(Philippines) Inc. shall not be held liable for errors contained herein, or lost profits, lost opportunities consequential or incidentals damages incurred as a result of acting on information, or the operations of any software, included in this software site.
Export restriction: You agree not to send or bring the Software or its documentation out of the country where you originally obtained it to other countries without any required authorization of the applicable governments. You agree to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the country(ies) involved, as well as with the U.S. Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), and not to export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the Software in violation of such laws, restrictions and regulations, or without all necessary approvals.
IMPORTANT- READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CLICKING "I Agree" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
This License Agreement (the "Agreement") is a legal agreement between you and Canon Inc. ("Canon") under which Canon is providing the software program for version-up of the firmware of Canon’s products (the "Software"). BY CLICKING "I Agree" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU ARE DEEMED TO AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE. IN SUCH EVENT, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THE SOFTWARE.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE:
Canon grants you a personal and non-exclusive license to install the Software directly or through other medium such as hard disk or CompactFlash and use on Canon’s product which you own.
You shall not assign, sublicense, sell, rent, lease, loan, convey or otherwise transfer to any third party, or copy, duplicate, translate or convert to another programming language the Software, except as expressly provided herein. You shall not alter, modify, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer the Software and you also shall not have any third party to do so. You shall not modify, remove or delete a copyright notice of Canon contained in the Software.
Except as expressly provided herein, no license or right, express or implied, is hereby conveyed or granted by Canon to you for any intellectual property of Canon.
2. OWNERSHIP AND COPYRIGHT:
The Software is copyrighted and owned by Canon. You agree and acknowledge that Canon transfers neither ownership interest nor intellectual property in the Software to you under this Agreement or otherwise, and that Canon retains all right, title and interest to the Software.
3. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS:
You agree to comply with all applicable export control laws and regulations of the country involved, and not to export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the Software in violation of any such laws and regulations.
4. SUPPORT AND UPDATE:
Canon, Canon’s subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers are not responsible for maintaining or helping you in your use of the Software. No updates, bug-fixes or support will be made available to you for the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE SOFTWARE PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU (AND NOT CANON, CANON’S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN SUCH STATES WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
Canon, Canon’s subsidiaries and affiliates, their distributors and dealers do not warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error free.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CANON, CANON’S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF THE SOFTWARE, USE THEREOF OR INABILITY OF USE THEREOF EVEN IF CANON, CANON’S SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS OR DEALERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN SUCH STATES WHICH DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
CANON, CANON’S SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, THEIR DISTRIBUTORS AND DEALERS SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO INDEMNIFY YOU AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR SUIT BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY ALLEGING THAT THE SOFTWARE OR USE THEREOF INFRINGES ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF SUCH THIRD PARTY.
This Agreement is effective upon your clicking "I Agree" at the bottom of this page. You may terminate this Agreement by deleting the Software. This Agreement will also terminate if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement. In addition to Canon enforcing any of its legal rights, you shall then promptly delete the Software.
7. U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein. Manufacturer is Canon Inc./30-2, Shimomaruko 3-chome, Ohta-ku, Tokyo 146-8501, Japan.
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is declared or found to be illegal by any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be null and void with respect to the jurisdiction of that court or tribunal and all the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
BY CLICKING "I Agree" AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE, YOU SHALL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTOOD IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THIS AGREEMENT IS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CANON CONCERNING THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSALS OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN THE PARTIES RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO AMENDMENT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE EFFECTIVE UNLESS SIGNED BY A DULY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF CANON.